Site icon Migrate to Australia from Singapore

Your Job and Australia PR Application Pathway

Collaborative process of multicultural businesspeople using computer presentation and communication meeting brainstorming ideas about project colleagues working plan success strategy in modern office.

Looking for a job in Australia is daunting – especially as foreigner. Before you even start your Australia PR application and look for a job, there are things you should be aware of: 1) is your skills in demand in Australia, 2) what state/regional areas your skills may be of great benefits, 3) do you have the right visa that will allow you to work in Australia, and many more.

While there are hundreds of Australia visa subclasses, bear in mind that not all visas will give you full residential rights, and some may have conditions attached. Below are some of the visas you can apply for to have work rights:

  1. Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) – this visa is for highly skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or any state and territory, or a family member. This visa is a Permanent Resident visa, which allows you to live and work in Australia indefinitely. With the current immigration environment, you must be of high calibre, approximately scoring above 85 points on the points system to be invited.
  2. Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) – This visa gives you the same rights as the subclass 189, but you will need to be nominated by any available state or territory sponsoring your nominated occupation. Nomination process varies on state-by-state basis, depending on the demand and supply for each state for your nominated occupation. Some state would even require you to have Superior English, or at least 8 years of relevant experience to be selected.
  3.  Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) – Replacing the Subclass 489 visa, this is a temporary visa which also gives you work rights, but must also be nominated by any designated area such as Adelaide, Darwin and all the outskirts of New South Wales. You are required to live and work in regional Australia for three years in order to be eligible for permanent residency later.
  4. Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional visa (Subclass 494) – This is applicable should you have an employer in regional areas that is willing and can sponsor you. You will have to be living in regional area for three years for you to be able to potentially apply for a permanent via.
  5. Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482) – this is a type of visa that helps addressing labour shortages, especially during this endemic period by bringing in skilled in the absence of local skilled workers to fill in positions. This however is not a permanent resident visa.

There are more visas which can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website, which can give you work and even residential rights, but you must fulfill all its criteria to be granted. Talk to us should you wish to know your eligibility, and to kick start your Australia PR Application.

Exit mobile version